Beto Martinez, founding member and guitarist for the Austin-based Latin Funk band Brownout, spoke with KDNK's Luke Nestler. Brownout performed "Fear of a Brown Planet," a psychedelic reworking of Public Enemy’s "Fear of a Black Planet ," at Belly Up.
This show features two gems from South Africa, Hugh Masekela from a 1994 Glenwood Summer of Jazz concert, and Vusi Mahlasela from a 2011 appearance on Express Yourself where he played a song that sounded like a prayer, and explained all about Ubuntu, Africa's great gift to the world.
- Rain Starts To Slow After Flooding Displaces 800,000 In Southern Indian State
- VIDEO: The 7 Dwarfs Whistle While They Work To Fight Malaria
- 6.9-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Indonesia's Lombok Island
- President Trump Attacks Report On White House Counsel's Cooperation With Mueller
- ICE Detains Man Driving His Wife To Hospital For Planned C-Section
- Why Hospitals Are Getting Into The Real Estate Business
- HUD Hits Facebook For Allowing Housing Discrimination
- Wisconsin Political Activists Hope A 'Silent Canvass' Will Win Back Black Voters
- South Koreans Prepare For Rare Family Reunions With Long-Lost Relatives In The North
- PHOTOS: It's Hard To Grow Up — And Grow Old — In Honduras