Beto Martinez, founding member and guitarist for the Austin-based Latin Funk band Brownout, spoke with KDNK's Luke Nestler. Brownout performed "Fear of a Brown Planet," a psychedelic reworking of Public Enemy’s "Fear of a Black Planet ," at Belly Up.
This show features two gems from South Africa, Hugh Masekela from a 1994 Glenwood Summer of Jazz concert, and Vusi Mahlasela from a 2011 appearance on Express Yourself where he played a song that sounded like a prayer, and explained all about Ubuntu, Africa's great gift to the world.
- Walmart And Others Offer Workers Payday Loan Alternative
- Babies Born Dependent On Opioids Need Touch, Not Tech
- Senate Democrats Threaten Lawsuit Over Kavanaugh Documents
- Pope Francis Expresses 'Shame And Sorrow' Over Pennsylvania Abuse Allegations
- Muslim Woman Who Refused Handshake And Then Suffered Discrimination Wins Court Case
- FDA Approves New Generic Version Of The EpiPen For Allergic Reactions
- Monsoon Hammers India With 'Unprecedented Flood Havoc,' Killing Scores Of People
- U.S. Sues Operators Of Pirate Texas Station Known As 'Alex Jones Radio'
- Rep. Cummings Demands Explanation For Stripping Ex-CIA Chief's Security Clearance
- Former Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee Dies