Beto Martinez, founding member and guitarist for the Austin-based Latin Funk band Brownout, spoke with KDNK's Luke Nestler. Brownout performed "Fear of a Brown Planet," a psychedelic reworking of Public Enemy’s "Fear of a Black Planet ," at Belly Up.
This show features two gems from South Africa, Hugh Masekela from a 1994 Glenwood Summer of Jazz concert, and Vusi Mahlasela from a 2011 appearance on Express Yourself where he played a song that sounded like a prayer, and explained all about Ubuntu, Africa's great gift to the world.
- WATCH: Massive 'Fire Tornado' Revealed In Footage Released By Officials
- Democrats Unveil Ad Attacking House GOP Leaders
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Shooter Is Sentenced To Life In Prison
- 'There Must Be Justice': U.S. Sanctions Myanmar Soldiers For Rohingya Killings
- Florida Gov. Rick Scott Has Convoluted Ties To Rail Company Whose Project He Supports
- Monsoon Floods Have Killed More Than 320 People In Kerala, India
- About That Microloan Mention In 'Crazy Rich Asians' ...
- How Spanish Women Were Allegedly Targeted In 'Stolen Babies' Cases For Decades
- Texas Tightens Disclosure Rules Following Medicaid Investigation
- U.S. Threatens Further Sanctions Against Turkey Over Detained Pastor