Beto Martinez, founding member and guitarist for the Austin-based Latin Funk band Brownout, spoke with KDNK's Luke Nestler. Brownout performed "Fear of a Brown Planet," a psychedelic reworking of Public Enemy’s "Fear of a Black Planet ," at Belly Up.
This show features two gems from South Africa, Hugh Masekela from a 1994 Glenwood Summer of Jazz concert, and Vusi Mahlasela from a 2011 appearance on Express Yourself where he played a song that sounded like a prayer, and explained all about Ubuntu, Africa's great gift to the world.
- U.S. Sues Operators Of Pirate Texas Station Known As 'Alex Jones Radio'
- Revocation Of Ex-CIA Director's Clearance Draws Mixed Reaction From Congress
- Former Indian Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee Dies
- Iraqi Refugee In U.S. Accused Of Committing Murder For ISIS
- Aretha Franklin, The 'Queen Of Soul,' Dies At 76
- 'Globe' And Other Newspapers Stand Together: 'Journalists Are Not The Enemy'
- Judge Cites A 'Well-Planned Conspiracy' In Kim Jong Nam's Death
- Are Job Ads Targeting Young Workers Breaking The Law?
- Colorado Baker Sues State Again, After Refusing To Make Cake For Transgender Woman
- Bills And Bulletproof Backpacks: Safety Measures For A New School Year