Beto Martinez, founding member and guitarist for the Austin-based Latin Funk band Brownout, spoke with KDNK's Luke Nestler. Brownout performed "Fear of a Brown Planet," a psychedelic reworking of Public Enemy’s "Fear of a Black Planet ," at Belly Up.
This show features two gems from South Africa, Hugh Masekela from a 1994 Glenwood Summer of Jazz concert, and Vusi Mahlasela from a 2011 appearance on Express Yourself where he played a song that sounded like a prayer, and explained all about Ubuntu, Africa's great gift to the world.
- Tinder Co-Founders Sue App's Owners For At Least $2B, Saying They Were 'Cheated'
- Former Baltimore Officer Charged With Assault After Viral Video
- Report Reveals Widespread Sexual Abuse By Over 300 Priests In Pennsylvania
- Nope, Those Aren't Mailboxes: Paris Rolls Out Sidewalk Urinals
- Trump Campaign Targets Omarosa Manigault Newman Over Tell-All Book
- Lunch Lady Larceny? Cafeteria Workers Allegedly Stole Half A Million Dollars
- Dozens Of Cars Torched By Masked Youths In Western Sweden, Authorities Say
- Nebraska Carries Out 1st Execution Using Fentanyl In U.S.
- Watch This Native Pollinator Build Her Bee-Jeweled Nest
- Dozens Of People Feared Dead After Span Of Busy Highway Bridge Collapses In Italy