Reporter Sandra Fish talks with KDNK's Gavin Dahl about a new initiative from First Draft and Colorado Media Project called Misinformation Watch. Her latest article for The Colorado Sun looks at coronavirus disinformation including robocalls, phony cures, conspiracies, and politicizing the crisis.
If you fear you might be victim of a scam, consider:
- Calling the Colorado Consumer Line at 800-222-4444.
- File a complaint at Stop Fraud Colorado.
- Call the Better Business Bureau or your Area Agency on Aging.
Some worthwhile reading on COVID-19 issues:
- FiveThirtyEight offers a cartoon explanation of modeling.
- The New York Times examined hydroxychloroquine, beginning by saying “There is no proof that any drug can cure or prevent infection.”
- This opinion column from Bloomberg offers 10 reasons why coronavirus numbers are likely low.
- Four researchers examined misinformation and disinformation surrounding COVID-19.
- The CDC recommends wearing masks in public, including grocery stores.
- The state of Colorado updates COVID-19 statistics at 4 p.m. daily.
- This, um, Steak-umm Twitter thread makes some good points for a purveyor or frozen meats, or, frankly, anyone.