The road to Maroon Lake is slowly being cleared of snow after a record number of avalanches last winter. Forest service officials say the area around the popular recreation area will look a little different than last year, when snowfall was at historically-low levels. Mark Duggan reports.
Garfield County Commissioners want old coal mines, burning in the Grand Hogback, to be added to a CORE Act methane capture study. KDNK's Amy Hadden Marsh discusses details with Erica Sparhawk, Carbondale Town Trustee and deputy director of Clean Energy Economy for the Region (CLEER).
Diana Alcantara teaches Spanish at Carbondale Community School and runs the school's garden program. Sara Tymczyszyn is the market manager for Carbondale's Farmers' Market and aspires to start a youth gardening project for teens in the Roaring Fork Valley. Host Bill Kight talks to them about the importance of connecting youth with the land through local agriculture.
- Will Washington State's New 'Public Option' Plan Reduce Heath Care Costs?
- Trump Administration Wants To Cut Funding For Public Housing Repairs
- After A (Partial) Win In Court, Woodstock 50 May Still Go On
- It's Not Just Salt, Sugar, Fat: Study Finds Ultra-Processed Foods Drive Weight Gain
- Missouri Senate Passes Bill That Would Ban Abortions After 8 Weeks
- How To Help A Kid Survive Early Puberty
- Remote Island Chain Has Few People — But Hundreds Of Millions Of Pieces Of Plastic
- How Making History Unmade A Family
- Jeff Koons' 'Rabbit' Fetches $91 Million, Auction Record For Work By A Living Artist
- New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio Enters 2020 Democratic Presidential Race